Wedding dress shopping should be one of the most fun experiences of the wedding planning adventure. We have a few simple tips to help you make the most out of your time shopping.
- Scope out stores prior to visiting by checking online reviews, photos, and testimonials to choose the one or two stores you most want to visit. Visiting too many bridal salons can be confusing, and is definitely exhausting. Focus on quality over quantity!
- Bring your biggest fans. This is a special day and as the bride, you deserve to have your ultimate fan club with you to make you feel your best. This is a day to love, laugh, and relax – invite the people in your life who will help make this the most amazing bridal shopping experience ever.
- Ask guests to put their phones down, avoid being on social media and other unnecessary distractions, so everyone can be completely present for the shopping experience.
- Designate one or two group members to be on the look-out for photo ops. From the laughter to the tears to the hugs, expect the unexpected and be ready to document all that ensues during this amazing dress shopping adventure.
- Bring swag! What makes your group uniquely you? We’ve seen it all, from custom wine glasses to sashes, shirts, and even monogrammed undies. Make your day fun – your way.
- Brunch! Or lunch…or dinner. Plan a celebratory meal for the end of your shopping adventure as a great way to unwind, relax, and recap on the day.
Our favorite part about dress shopping is that it is just the beginning of the most amazing journey with the most important people in your life. Once you find your dream gown, you can focus on all of the other fun activities to come: bridesmaids dresses, tuxedos, accessories, hairstyles, and more. Have fun and enjoy!
At The Dress Shop, located in mid-Michigan, we want all brides to have an incredible bridal shopping experience, whether they choose to buy from us or somewhere else. We carry a full range of gowns featuring a large array of styles, silhouettes, trends, and price points, to ensure that every bride has the opportunity to fall in love. In addition, our talented bridal stylists are experts in bridal fashion, including finding the perfect pieces to complete the bridal look, from veils to jewelry to headpieces. Additionally, The Tux Room offers top quality designer tuxes and suits for purchases or rental to ensure the groom’s look is an exact complement to the bride’s. For more information about The Dress Shop, contact us at 517-546-3600 or visit tdsbridal.com.