Your perfect wedding dress does exist! For the bride that loves to research and create spreadsheets, we’re here to help you create your checklist that ticks all of the dream dress boxes. Here are our tips for how to have the best experience so that you can say yes to the dress!
- Book Your Appointment Checklist item number 1: book your appointment! This is where you have the ability to decide what your dress shopping experience is like before you step foot in the salon. If you would prefer a more luxurious appointment, or you want to celebrate saying yes with a bottle of bubbly, consider upgrading your appointment! Doing some research on the shop’s website will help you discover these options.
- What styles draw your eye? After booking your appointment, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the designers they carry in-store. Browsing the social media accounts of these designers will give you a chance to familiarize yourself with the types of gowns you can expect to see, as well as the current styles. Screenshot a few that catch your eye to show your stylist, but try not to fall in love with a dress you see online.
- Come in with an open mind Oftentimes, a bride’s biggest roadblock to finding her perfect gown is herself! It’s easy to imagine yourself in a dress you see online and fall in love, but this gown is often not the one. Instead, come in with an open mind and be prepared to try on styles you may not have been expecting.
- Set your Budget Know where you’re comfortable, and don’t look above that range. Period. Do we need to say more?
- Say Yes! Be open to the idea that you can find your gown at your very first bridal appointment, it happens every single day, and surprises brides every time! Relax, take a deep breath, and have fun!